Position Title: Marketing and Communications Specialist
Reporting to: Chief Executive Director
Application deadline: April 23, 2021
As a member of the RIH Foundation team, the role of the Marketing and Communications Specialist is to work in collaboration with the Development staff to plan and execute integrated marketing and communications strategies that support fundraising efforts and enhance the Foundation’s brand in the community.
Duties and responsibilities
Communications & Marketing
- Procure and write stories of patients, physicians, and donors to utilise in story-telling marketing
- Independently, and in consultation with the fundraising team, develop and monitor the RIHF communications plan, incorporating marketing and branding, internal and external communications, and media and public relations within the context of the RIHF goals.
- Develop and monitor budgets as they relate to the marketing /communications plan
- Establish and manage working relationships with external suppliers (e.g. printers, photography, video), requests quotes, selects vendors, sets project timelines, oversees quality control and financial accountability related to production.
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing and communications and charitable development within the community
- Manage the writing, editing and approval of all marketing materials, annual report, magazines/newsletters, press releases, brochures, posters, invitations, etc. for the Foundation
- Ensure the integrity of the Foundation brand, desired image and position in the community
- Create and manage key messaging and ensure consistency of the message across all channels
- Provide advice, coaching, and training to ensure that RIHF staff and Board deliver consistent, positive communications messages about RIH and RIHF
- Work closely with members of the Interior Health Communications team and the RIH leadership team to ensure Foundation messaging is consistent with the health authority’s goals and brand
Media & Advertising Relations
- Establish and maintain a relationship with advertising sales representatives (e.g. online advertising, out of home, radio, television, theatre, print), responsible for media buying, securing media discounts and making recommendations on new advertising opportunities.
- Enhance media interest in the RIHF by generating and pitching stories, etc.
- Write and distribute media advisories/releases in consultation with the CEO and fundraising team in response to Foundation events, gift announcements and other major announcements as requested
- Respond to media requests as needed
- Track media coverage
- Produce writing and manage editing and approval of all marketing materials, annual report, magazines/newsletters, press releases, brochures, posters, invitations, etc. for the Foundation
- Provide some in-house graphic design support and ensure the RIHF brand guidelines are adhered to
- Work with contracted service providers – graphic designers, website development, print houses, etc.
- Gather information stories and photos directly relating to both the RIHF and the Hospital audiences – donors, community, medical staff, government partners and the media
- Schedule, and track all RIHF advertising
Website & Social Media
- In consultation with the CEO and Development staff, responsible for the development of a social media calendar and the day-to-day posting across all social platforms.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in digital and social media marketing and is adept with using a variety of digital channels for advertising purposes.
- Manage the continuous improvement of the RIHF website
- Monitor website statistics/traffic/search engine optimization and analyze data
Other duties as assigned by the CEO or direct manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or comparable education in related fields
- Five (5) years’ related work experience advertising or corporate work environment with experience in:
o Online and traditional advertising
o Writing and Communications ; specifically storytelling
- A valid drivers license and vehicle are required for the position
General working environment. Some travel for events and meetings. The ideal candidate needs to be available evenings and weekends several times per year or more to work at special Foundation events and/or community held events as needed. As a representative of the Foundation, this individual will act with a high level of professionalism and tact with the RIHF team, within the hospital and outside of the organization.
This position works primarily in an office work setting with some lifting and carting of office type materials to external events.
Reports to Chief Executive Officer
The ideal candidate
The Royal Inland Hospital Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview. To apply, please submit, in confidence, by April 23rd, 2021 a resume along with cover letter which sets out your interest in the role and highlights the experience you have relevant to the role. Please add your salary expectation for the role in your cover letter.
Please send to Kristy Buchner at Kristy.email@example.com