Campaign Director Job Description
Royal Inland Hospital Foundation
Kamloops, British Columbia
Reporting to the CEO, the Campaign Director is a senior member of the management team responsible for coordinating and completing a $35 million dollar comprehensive campaign – in conjunction with the CEO. This fundraising effort will support the new Patient Care Tower at RIH, major renovations to some existing spaces within the existing hospital, and ongoing annual emerging priority support. The Campaign Director will work closely with the Campaign Cabinet, Board of Directors, and other staff to carry out the campaign plan with a focused emphasis on major gifts fundraising.
The ideal candidate will also have Major Gift fundraising experience as the campaign will end in 2024 and their position will transform into Director of Major Gifts.
Reporting to the CEO and working in partnership with her, the Campaign Cabinet, Board of Directors and other staff, this position is responsible for:
• Manage overall campaign elements including plans, pipelines, prospect tracking, strategies, task assignment and adherence of timelines
• Establish solicitation priorities, manage timelines, prospect lists and research, develop and execute strategic cultivation plans and solicitation strategies for a range of prospects
• Participate in the cultivation and solicitation of select major contributors and campaign leadership
• Schedule meetings, assemble presentations, and prepare briefings for the Campaign Cabinet, other volunteers, and the CEO
• Maintain master campaign calendar to maximize cultivation and solicitation activities, including events, to support Campaign Cabinet progress and momentum
• Organize and monitor volunteer and staff assignments and follow-up, and assist in all aspects of volunteer-led events
• Approve significant campaign correspondence including solicitation proposals, etc. meeting requests, and meeting follow-up
• Ensure timely and meaningful donor acknowledgement, stewardship and public recognition, as appropriate
• Work with the CEO and Marketing staff/consultants to write and develop campaign communication materials and determine strategies for conveying key messages to stakeholders including hospital staff, donors and media
• Oversee acknowledgement of all campaign gifts and pledges and preparation of pledge payment reminders and pledge agreements
• Manage the campaign fundraising budget and oversee ongoing campaign financial reporting
• Ensure that data related to prospects and donors is recorded and tracked in electronic and hard copy files – including all contact reports; manage campaign record keeping, evaluate progress towards goals
• Prepare regular campaign reports and present to the Board and Campaign Cabinet; recommend revisions to the campaign plans, as needed, to meet goals
• Supervise the maintenance of the campaign database including production of financial campaign reports, staff assignment reports and tracking of pledges
• Develop and manage staff and volunteer training and coaching where needed, particularly for Raiser’s Edge database inputting and reporting
• Bachelor’s degree is required; CFRE an asset
• 8-10 years of professional experience in fundraising with a track record of success in major gift solicitation, with experience in capital campaigns, individual giving and major gifts
• Experience in scheduling, strategizing and participating in cultivation and solicitation calls as well as conducting all follow up and stewardship
• Excellent prospecting skills, and proven ability to work with senior fundraising volunteers
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in managing campaign budgets and financial reporting
• Demonstrated experience in producing fundraising materials
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills, capable of working effectively with board members, staff members, volunteers, consultants and donors/prospects
• Strong strategic planning, analytical and critical-thinking skills.
• Proven ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
• Energetic, self-motivated, professional, flexible and adaptable, able to multi-task and work to motivate others
• Computer fluency in MS Office, Raiser’s Edge donor database software, web applications, and knowledgeable about the role of technology and electronic communication in fundraising.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have experience building and executing fundraising programs. They will have a track record creating innovative opportunities for donors. They will be good at working with donors directly, asking for donations as well as being strategic and analytical when building programs using donor data and pipeline Information.
Experience managing complex projects, with lots of moving parts, will help the candidate coordinate the deliverables of the position.
As the individual will be working with high-profile donors and fundraising committees, they must be confident, well-spoken. The ability to translate the needs of the hospital into compelling and dynamic stories is crucial for the role.
Donor-centred and collaborative, the individual will bring warmth and compassion to their work and the needs of the hospital.
The ideal candidate is both warm and assertive, an excellent relationship manager able to inspire collaboration and motivate donors to contribute.
Highly important, the ideal candidate will be; a team player, accountable, confident, ego free and have a positive outlook and a sense of humour.
The Royal Inland Hospital Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview. To apply, please submit, in confidence, by April 9th, 2021 a resume along with cover letter which sets out your interest in the role and highlights the experience you have relevant to the role. Please add your salary expectation for the role in your cover letter.
Please send to Kristy Buchner at Kristy.firstname.lastname@example.org